Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mama's a Pack Rat


I have a new way to feed my compulsive stockpiling, which extends to winter gloves, toilet paper and Swiffer refills, Eggos, and throw rugs, among other items: the laying in of diabetes supplies. We are insanely lucky to have a great insurance company - one who sees the upside in allowing testing up to 10+ times a day and provides enough needle tips to allow multiple corrections beyond the prescribed 4 shots a day. It means we have the all the tools and that keeping blood sugars in just the right range is somewhat realistic.

But make no mistake - I religiously make a note on the calendar and call for refills the first possible day they'll be approved. Here and there, I've managed to build up a little arsenal of leftovers in my kitchen cabinet and fridge door. Sometimes just looking at the inventory makes me feel like I have the upper hand.

1 comment:

cameracrazy said...

Hmmmm....a little bit of compulsion I see! Not all bad!!

I do love the photo you chose to go with this statement..;-)