Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Light My Fire

A week off at Thanksgiving generally messes me up. I sort of get lulled into the idea that I make a living as the personal Martha Stewart for my family - a job I LOVE and then Wham! It's Thursday - show time, the Friday recovery (no way in hot hell do I shop) and then its already the weekend and time to think about getting back to the real job - the one that actually pays for all the Martha exploits. It just flies by too fast.

I didn't get half the things done that I planned to over the week off- my staircase is half painted and I'm not sure that a single run on the treadmill over 9 days really qualifies as "getting workouts back into my schedule," but at least my fireplace mantel now looks like a Pottery Barn catalog. However, I now see there is a very good reason the candles in the pretty pictures are never lit...

No comments: